1999–present Attorney Law Office of Gabrielle Tetreault
Juvenile Dependency - Juvenile Delinquency - Adult Criminal - Child Welfare - Guardianship
Sexually Violent Predator - Mental Health
- My office includes two legal assistants and one associate attorney.
- We represent children and parents involved with Child Protective Services, Probation and/or Adoption and Probate proceedings. Litigated before the Juvenile Court on behalf of more than 1000 Dependency & Delinquency clients.
- Representing adults in misdemeanor, and felony criminal matters and adults committed to state hospitals pursuant to the sexually violent predator statute.
- I have personally made well over 5,000 court appearances and have litigated approximately 250 court trials and 5 jury trials. I have successfully represented individuals and businesses in a variety of civil matters including probate, restraining orders, family law, contract disputes, sexual harassment and employment cases.
- Successful collaboration with the California State University, Stanislaus Master of Social Work intern program promoting training and education of interns within the context of a legal office placement. This was the first placement of its kind in San Joaquin County.
- Successfully represented business in various administrative actions brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Human Rights Commission (HRC) and Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH); California State Department of Social Services - Foster Care Licensing and Child Abuse Central Index Administrative Hearings. Successful writ of mandate in Superior Court of a denied Administrative hearing.
- Successfully represented companies in a variety of business related transactions including contract negotiations, acquisitions and sales, settlement conferences, mediations, and asset based financing.
1988–2001 Supercom, Inc.
- General Counsel, Supercom 1999 -2001
- Executive Vice President; Supercom 1993 to 1999
- General Manager; Supercom 1992-1993
- General Manager; Basic Time, Inc., 1991-1992
- Administrator; Supercom 1989-1991
- Credit and Collections Manager; Supercom 1988-1989
- General Counsel skilled in contract drafting and review, contract negotiations, settlement and mediation negotiations, due diligence, discovery and case management. Advised President and COO regarding corporate affairs, coordinated outside counsel, reviewed business plans and assisted in strategy to raise equity and capital.
- Eliminated millions of dollars in potential and actual liability by successfully negotiating settlement in complex federal/state court IP/Anti trust cases (Microsoft, Intel, Seagate and Maxtor).
- Reviewed and researched legal issues and conducted investigations in federal/state court case and administrative proceedings involving issues of trademark, copyright, anti-trust, fraud, non compete, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and collections. Conducted due diligence in 5 attempted acquisitions, 2 actual acquisitions, negotiated sale of a division, and formed several corporate entities.
- Successfully negotiated more than 200 contracts including Distribution, OEM, Credit, Finance, Collective Bargaining and Property agreements (including Microsoft, Intel, Western Digital, Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, Sony, Teac, Mitsumi, Diamond, Adaptec, International Ladies Garment Workers Union and over 75 property leases). Successfully negotiated Credit Facilities and Flooring Financing agreements ranging from $20 million to $65 million dollars.
- Senior Executive experienced in P&L management, strategic planning, mergers/acquisitions, sales, marketing, vendor relations, operations, cash flow management and reorganization. Increase revenue from $30 million to $500 million over a 10-year period by successfully penetrating 20 U.S. VAR/VAD and retail computer system and component distribution markets. Increased profitability $10 million over 3 years by developing method to track and hold venders accountable for various “back end / soft dollars” in the form of purchase rebates, incentives, discounts, marketing funds, co-op dollars and sales spiffs.
- Provided focus to 21 branches, 6 regional Vice Presidents and 500 U.S. employees. Accountable for each branch as an individual operating entity.
1988–1996 RT Computers, Inc.
Board of Directors / Chief Financial Officer
- Family business started by my husband, selling fully configured computers and computer parts to general public. Managed all aspects of business, including but not limited to operations, marketing, sales, purchasing, government contracts, and finance.