Gabrielle A. Tetreault, Esq., CWLS Bio
My name is Gabrielle A. Tetreault. I am a lawyer. Although I have a significant business background, my first love is Criminal Defense. I also practice in Juvenile Dependency, Juvenile Delinquency, Mental Health Law and Mediation Services.
I am the only "Certified Welfare Law Specialist" in San Joaquin County!
Child Welfare Law Specialist
National Association of Counsel for Children certification in 2009
The only certified Child Welfare Law specialist in San Joaquin County. The certification is recognized nation wide and by the State of California . The National Association of Counsel for Children “NACC” certifies lawyers as Child Welfare Law Specialists. Certification as an NACC Child Welfare Law Specialist signifies an enhanced level of knowledge, skill, and experience in juvenile law.
Certified in Dispute Resolution Mediation - Pepperdine University - Straus Institute in 2009
It is my goal to facilitate communication between litigants to resolve litigation disputes. Parties increasingly find that they are spending more time, effort and money to litigate a dispute than the litigation itself is worth. It is not uncommon for the attorney's fees, expert witness fees, jury fees, court reporter fees and other related costs to exceed the amount in dispute. Mediation facilitates communication between the litigants and can avoid the high cost and long delays associated with civil litigation.
1999–present Attorney Law Office of Gabrielle Tetreault
- Representing children and parents involved with Child Protective Services, Probation and/or Adoption and Probate proceedings. Litigated before the Juvenile Court on behalf of more than 1000 Dependency & Delinquency clients.
- Representing adults in misdemeanor, and felony criminal matters and adults committed to state hospitals pursuant to the sexually violent predator statute.
- Successful collaboration with the California State University, Stanislaus Master of Social Work intern program promoting training and education of 2 interns within the context of a legal office placement. This was the first placement of its kind in San Joaquin County.
- I have personally made well over 5,000 court appearances and have litigated approximately 250 court trials and 3 jury trials. I have successfully represented individuals and businesses in a variety of civil matters including probate, restraining orders, family law, contract disputes, sexual harassment and employment cases.
- Successfully represented business in various administrative actions brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Human Rights Commission (HRC) and Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH); California State Department of Social Services - Foster Care Licensing.
- Successfully represented companies in a variety of business related transactions including contract negotiations, acquisitions and sales, settlement conferences, mediations, and asset based financing.
1988–2001 Supercom, Inc.
- General Counsel, Supercom 1999 -2001
- Executive Vice President; Supercom 1993 to 1999
- General Manager; Supercom 1992-1993
- General Manager; Basic Time, Inc., 1991-1992
- Administrator; Supercom 1989-1991
- Credit and Collections Manager; Supercom 1988-1989
- General Counsel skilled in contract drafting and review, contract negotiations, settlement and mediation negotiations, due diligence, discovery and case management.
- Advised President and COO regarding corporate affairs, coordinated outside counsel, reviewed business plans and assisted in strategy to raise equity and capital.
- Eliminated millions of dollars in potential and actual liability by successfully negotiating settlement in complex federal/state court IP/Anti trust cases (Microsoft, Intel, Seagate and Maxtor).
- Reviewed and researched legal issues and conducted investigations in federal/state court case and administrative proceedings involving issues of trademark, copyright, anti-trust, fraud, non compete, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and collections. Conducted due diligence in 5 attempted acquisitions, 2 actual acquisitions, negotiated sale of a division, and formed several corporate entities.
- Successfully negotiated more than 200 contracts including Distribution, OEM, Credit, Finance, Collective Bargaining and Property agreements (including Microsoft, Intel, Western Digital, Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, Sony, Teac, Mitsumi, Diamond, Adaptec, International Ladies Garment Workers Union and over 75 property leases). Successfully negotiated Credit Facilities and Flooring Financing agreements ranging from $20 million to $65 million dollars.
- Senior Executive experienced in P&L management, strategic planning, mergers/acquisitions, sales, marketing, vendor relations, operations, cash flow management and reorganization. Increase revenue from $30 million to $500 million over a 10-year period by successfully penetrating 20 U.S. VAR/VAD and retail computer system and component distribution markets.
- Increased profitability $10 million over 3 years by developing method to track and hold venders accountable for various “back end / soft dollars” in the form of purchase rebates, incentives, discounts, marketing funds, co-op dollars and sales spiffs.
- Provided focus to 21 branches, 6 regional Vice Presidents and over 500 U.S. employees. Accountable for each region and branch as an individual operating entity.
1988–1996 RT Computers, Inc.
Board of Directors / Chief Financial Officer
Family business started by my husband, selling fully configured computers and computer parts to general public. Managed all aspects of business, including but not limited to operations, marketing, sales, purchasing, government contracts, and finance.
- Member of California State Bar December 1998
- Admitted to practice in California State, January 1999
- Admitted to practice in U.S. Northern District Federal Courts, December 1998
- Member of the San Joaquin Bar Association, May 2001
- Member of the California Public Defender’s Association, 2001
- Member of the National Association of Counsel for children, 2007
- Participant in the California Blue Ribbon Commission on Children in Foster Care county meetings for San Joaquin County.
- Past member of the American Bar Association
- San Joaquin County Connie Callahan Inns of Court, 2007
- Civil Mediation Program – Pepperdine University
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution 42-hour
- Mediation Training Program in January 2009.
- Juris Doctorate, Northwestern California University, Sacramento, California, 1998
- Bachelor Science in Law, Northwestern California University, Sacramento, California, 1996
- Lincoln Law University, San Jose, California, 1995
- College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota , 1981